- The Self-drive Cretan guides drive you to explore the original Crete.
- Make the most of each day without the need to search.
- Self-guided itineraries give you all the freedom to independently wander around at your own pace. No strict plans and no rush.
- Visit multiple locations at a lower cost for more days instead of a one-day group tour.
- Are you a first-time traveler searching for things to do in Crete away from mass tourism? Are you a digital nomad planning to stay for a long time in Crete and don’t know where to begin? A self-guided itinerary is a wonderful way to start exploring the island without all the hustle.
€25.00 – €50.00
First-timer to Crete? Searching for original things to do in Crete and local places to go?
You’re travelling to Crete and don’t know where to begin? Feeling lost while searching for original things to do in Crete at your own pace and local places to go away from crowds? Crete is the largest island of Greece and having to travel long distances can be quite tricky. It takes time to explore each prefecture of the island to the full. The self-drive Cretan guides take care of all this aiming to provide adventurous and curious travelers with an off-the beaten track experience.
No effort needed, no stress about anything, just choose your self-guided itineraries and start exploring at your own pace. Everything you need to know is just a click away!
The self-drive Cretan guides lead you to experience the original Crete!
Discover little-known locations frequented by locals and taste the authentic Cretan cuisine. Visit favorite local restaurants in Rethymno (western Crete) and Lassithi (eastern Crete) following a farm-to-table philosophy through growing their own vegetables and collaboration with local producers.
Choose below your Self-Guided Itinerary based on the regions that you want to visit in the island of Crete (Rethymno-western Crete or Lassithi-eastern Crete) and the duration of your trip (3-days Itinerary or 7-days Itinerary).
All the self-drive Cretan guides provide you with the following:
- Recommendations on things to do in Crete to make the most of every season during your visit. All itineraries are created to provide different suggestions based on the change of seasons.
- A detailed day-by-day, hour-by-hour itinerary.
- Addresses, opening and closing times of restaurants/ shops with traditional Cretan products to be visited
- Location and background information on the specific sites to be visited.
- Snack, lunch and dinner suggestions on what to order in recommended food spots to taste the real Cretan cuisine.
- Detailed route directions including your route on a GPS map and estimated driving times for each day of the itinerary.
- Suggestions on visiting the organic local farms of premium Cretan products. All the details and links are provided to make a reservation for a tour and tasting experience.